2012年7月25日星期三

Fly Virgin Atlantic

I drove my daughter to the airport today to fly to Hong Kong from Sydney. The demise of the typhoon in Hong Kong came as a relief. I still worried about the after effect of it so I kept checking the flight status on the internet. Until 3 hours before the scheduled flying time, I saw that the flight status remained unchanged. So we started off. We arrived at the airport 2 hours before the flying time. When we approached the counter preparing for the check-in, the ground staff told us that the flight was cancelled due to the weather. The weather being foggy this morning in Sydney causing the flight from Hong Kong to divert to Brisbane. It was the act of God. I certainly could not complain or pray. I have every right to be irate and lash out at the ground staff for their failure to update the flight status information and/or SMS to the passengers. They told me to calm down and gave me a complaint form. In the form it says, "We are committed to delivering only the best levels of service to all our customers blah blah blah". I of course lodged the complaint by email to the local office and cc to their UK headquarters. We live in a modern era of electronic communications. I fail to see how this sluggish management attitude can live up with the expectation of the modern man. Hotel accommodation and cab charge were offered but declined by us. We were not craving for free ticket or pecuniary compensation. I was enraged for the unnecessary waste of my time which otherwise could be better utilized.  When we had lunch shortly before 2 pm on our way home, we discovered that the flight status on the internet still had not mentioned any cancellation. It is Virgin Atlantic management of which has left much to be desired.

My daughter also wrote a blog about it (走不了)

沒有留言:

發佈留言